Friday, May 16, 2008

Things that Must Go





This title is from a weekly radio show my older sister and I used to listen on X96--it was dang hilarious! Anyways, this last weekend I was in Moab with a bunch of my friends that I work with, and lo and behold, one of my friends (Karen) exemplified a "thing that must go"--socks with sandals. Oi vey! It's terrible! It was her incredible fashion that led me to start this blog, with the first entry being things that must. Here's the official list.
1) Socks with sandals. This is NEVER okay. I don't know why people think it is.
2) All blue Christmas lights--they're just ugly.
3) Tee-shirts with ridiculous sayings on them
4) Purple velour track suits. "Violet, you're turning violet!"
5) Underwear lines: Need I say more?
6) Booty shorts: if I wanted to see your butt, I would marry you.
The list could go on and on. Please add comments with your own "things that must go." It's our duty to enlighten the world.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

do you REALLY want to open this can of worms. Expect me to come back with a large list, but I will leave you with this-ROLLING BACKPACKS MUST GO!

Tawni said...

Totally agree with the socks and sandals thing. What's the point of wearing sandals if you're going to wear socks? I have a blog too by the way :)

Little_Buddy said...

I don't many things that must go but i have one.....THOSE AMERICAN IDOL CRIER GIRLS....WTH.

Becca said...

I will have you know that I had to sign up for a gmail account just so I could post on this darn thing but because I feel so strongly I felt it was a decent sacrifice. I am quite surprised that you have not added the ominous mormon jean jumper and the tacky wooden pins that people make at each others houses and then wear to church...to name a few.

Meg said...

According to Dallin Kimball: Ugg boots; black tights with denim skirts; panty hose with sandals (goes with sock with sandals; black and pink skulls and cross bones


Other additions: rolling backpacks; Mormon jean jumpers; whole houses decorated in wooden signs (i.e., "families are forever" or "live, laugh, love")

Unknown said...

um excuse me but ugg boots can stay. you know how good i look when i wear my uggs and sweat pants combo! hahaha.

Becca said...

Julia has ugg boots?! What is an ugg boot? I want some!