
Our group's name: Them That Dwell

Me with my boys

Jacob - as a gorilla in the Noah's Ark relay

My girls and me
Sarah, Jeremy, me.
Sarah is my soul sister
My boys...
I just finished up my first session of EFY (Especially for Youth) up at Utah State, in Logan. It is amazing, incredible, and absolutely fantrasamalastic! It involves lots of things, including Family Home Evening, games, classes, lessons, scripture study, lots and lots of prayers, crappy food (vanilla yogurt resembles Elmer’s glue), dances, pizza, music, hat-knitting on looms, fun counselors, tons o’ teenagers, testimony meetings, devotionals, and the presence of the Hoy Ghost at every activity. The hours are long (6 am to 12 am, 6 days a week), but it is the most fulfilling job I have ever had. It is an amazing gift and blessing to be able to see the Spirit touch these teenagers and work changes in their hearts and lives. I also love hearing their testimonies every Thursday night; the faith and knowledge these kids have about the Gospel is incredibly amazing to hear. I am humbled and strengthened when I hear them. What else can I say, except I LOVE EFY!!!!
2 comments:
Hey Meg,
I hope that my kids will have a super cool EFY leader like you when they go!!! I am thinking it is way cool you are having such awesome experiences!!
Love,
A. Susie
i went twice when i was a youth, and both times it was the highlight of my summer! (had nothing to do with the fact that i had my first.real.life.kiss.) you sound like a fantastic counselor - I bet your kids just loved you!
Post a Comment